Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Briefly........

Before I do the dishes, and head to the field to coach a baseball game.......

Is this weather ever going to change?? Good Lord, coming back from Middlebury last week, I thought I would need an ark to get home. The weather gods are screwing with me.....

The Da Vinci Code presents interesting theories, and I wish the religious zealots would stop their whining. It is fiction, but the real fear has to be that there may actually be some truth to what Dan Brown has to say. The Catholic bashing is one thing, but what if Jesus was actually married and had a child? Why is that such a problem? Is it because it goes against what everyone was taught as a kid? How dare there be another theory out there!!!

Barry Bonds is still an @sshole, case closed. By the way, I hope the kid who caught the ball gets a small fortune for the thing. I give credit to the kid for saying he hates Bonds. Good, add another to the long list of people who can't stand the jerk.

2 comments:

Charity said...

“what if Jesus was actually married and had a child? Why is that such a problem?”

I don’t think that is the biggest problem people have with it. I think the bigger problem people have is that in the book, it claims that the gospels are false and that Jesus was merely human.

I don’t know if you know any one whose life has been profoundly changed by their relationship with Jesus Christ, but it is am amazing and powerful thing to witness. If everything in the gospels is false and Jesus is not the Savior that they know, that is a pretty big deal.

I don’t agree with the boycott and such, but I can see why people would not like the book.

Anonymous said...

Boycotts are nothing. Look at what happened in Moslem communities when a Dane drew a picture of Muhammad! Freakin' Fuggetaboutt it! According to Islam it is blasphemous to make images of the prophet. Can you imagine what would have happened if Tom Hanks played him?! Oh! Bada-Bing!!

You're a great audience. Don't forget to tip your waitress...

...Thank you veddy much.