Monday, January 22, 2007

Just when I thought I had seen it all.......

Ok, ok, I know I have been taking a hiatus from blogging due to a ton of games over the last couple of weeks, and I will get to those in a later post. What has me blogging this morning instead of preparing for tonight's game is the unreal story in the Burlington Free Press that Loyal Ploof has decided to run for the Burlington City Council as a..........REPUBLICAN??????????????????? Loyal, have you lost your mind????

How in the world can a guy whom we all think is as much of a democrat as they come go over to the other side? Is he thinking that he will pick up more than 54 votes by changing parties? I mean come on Loyal, what has gotten into you? I know you say that your fiscal conservative thinking blends in well with the Republican party, but this is nuts!! You have fought for those in the Old North End, tried to gain economic prosperity for those in the area, and basically have left leaning ideals. Now you are a Republican??

Sorry Loyal, I love ya and all from coaching together in the Old North End, but this is just bad and it will make you look bad. This is either a publicity stunt, or you are somehow trying to hang on to a falling political career. The Republican party will see through this, and Charity Tensel will eat you for LUNCH!!! (Then have room for a snack later.) Loyal, really, is this an early April Fools joke?

1 comment:

Charity said...

Ha, ha, ha! Come on Chris. I've never actually eaten anyone for lunch! Besides, technically, I have no say in this. I'm not an executive committee office-holder anymore.

That line was great, though!