Monday, January 22, 2007

Thoughts from the last couple of weeks.......

It has been an interesting couple of weeks for me. I did a five game in five night stretch two weeks ago, then decided to slack off with only three last week. A couple of technical glitches would have added a couple of games to the tally, but technology does have its moments.

This week, it is Burlington/Rice part II and that is going to be NUTS!!!! Rice won the last meeting 56-55 on a Kevin Gamache three with six seconds to go in the game to give Burlington their first loss of the season. Friday's game should be equally as good, and it will be another packed house at Burlington High School. I expect a game similar to the last one with tight defense, and quite possibly another one point game. Rice is unbeaten, and I would like to think that the Sea Horses are looking for a bit of revenge for Rice handing them their first loss of the year. Pat Bergmann is a beast, Gael Shungu is also very good for Rice while Tyrone Conley is one of the best in the state(Along with Bergmann), and I have been very impressed with the play of freshman Joe O'Shea. Prediction: Burlington 65 Rice 63.

Questions from the mailbag:

"Chris, where have you been for the last couple of weeks?" Working, working, and suffering from a hellacious case of writer's block. Reading about Loyal Ploof this morning helped break that.

"Who will win the Burlington/Rice game on Friday night and are you carrying the game?" See above for the prediction, and the game will be carried on WCAT. The pre-game is at 7:30, tip-off at 7:45. John McDevitt and I have that one. By the way, I have done one game with John as my color guy and he is just awesome. For a guy who had only done one game before this year just blows my mind; the man is good.

"Can Colchester repeat as the Division II champs in hockey?" I think they have a solid shot, but they are going to get a run for their money from Burr and Burton. I am really hoping those two teams will meet in the title game because I have a feeling it could be as good of a game as last year's title matchup. (Colchester 1-0 over Harwood in overtime, and it was a CLASSIC!! One of the best games I have ever seen at any level.)

"You talked about Mackenzie Pratt on a couple of your broadcasts; how is she doing?" From what I hear, she is doing well. She underwent treatments last week and was weak and tired, but in great spirits. I talked to Mackenzie before the Lamoille/U-32 game and she is just amazing. She has a great attitude, a great outlook, and is so positive about beating such a horrible disease. She is also a great person and has an energy to her that makes you root for her. I will tell you this, I am one of many who is in her corner.

No comments: