Monday, March 13, 2006

A couple of things...

First of all, I would like to thank the Special Olympics of Vermont for inviting me to do the PA and hand out awards for the Winter Games at Bolton Valley. I am a long time supporter of the Special Olympics, and being able to do some of the announcing was a great experience. Some of the athletes(well, actually all of them) just amazed me. Their spirit, their determination, and the raw emotion and happiness from winning a medal never fails to put a smile on my face. I think I was bear hugged a couple of dozen times, and high fived so much that my hands hurt. Trust me, I am not complaining in the least.

Secondly, after seeing Barak Obama speak on Friday, I have to say I am more impressed than I was before. Obama has the ability to take a crowd in the palm of his hand, squeeze, and keep them captivated. His speaking ability is incredible, his sense of humor fantastic, and he has amazing ideals. I would love to see him run for president in 2008, but I wonder if the US is ready for an African American president. I know one thing, if he runs, I sure am voting for him.

2 comments:

Claude said...

... me too, Obama in 2008....

Claude said...

...me too, Obama in 2008....