Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Random babble........

First of all, I must make a note to myself to check the site meter so I don't whine about not getting any page views. DOH!!! I must be new to the blogging thing!!! Secondly, as I sit at home on this gorgeous spring day, I have to put my two cents in on outgoing Mayor Clavelle of Burlington. I started off at WVAA as a part time guy, and then in a month moved on to being the full time newsguy. When I walked into my first press conference with Mayor Clavelle, I have to say that I was a little petrified. Here I was, talking to the man for the first time, and with that, this was the announcement that he was not seeking another term. In all of the chaos of the day, he didn't recognize me as a member of the media, and made it a point to ask about me, who I worked for, and if there was anything he could do for me. Good Lord!! This man had just made a huge announcement and he was asking about me?? Needless to say, I was impressed then, and am equally as so now. Take politics aside, the mayor has always been kind, gracious, and very open. Thanks Mayor for making my job easier.

Come to think of it, all politicians in Vermont are this kind. Can you imagine walking up to Da Gov in California and just BS'ing with him? I saw Governor Douglas while covering the Guard/State Police hockey game on Sunday, and just walked up to him and started talking. Martha Rainville was the same way as far as her openess and genuine kindness. Lieutenant Governor Dubie gets mad when I don't call him Brian, and the man even gave me his cell number and invited my wife and me to tour his sugaring operation.

I may rip on Vermont because I am a Californian and hate the cold, but as a member of the media, it doesn't get much better than here.

Fells

No comments: